IDEX Senior Human Resource Manager in Northbrook, Illinois
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The Sr. Human Resources Manager reports to the Vice President of Human Resources, Scientific Fluidics & Optics, and has business partnership/client responsibility for the sales and marketing function for IDEX Health & Science as well as plays a role across SF&O for org and talent development efforts, global talent review, people leadership training development, and aspects of integration support as the organization continues to grow through acquisitions.
We need an HR leader who effectively telescopes between the strategic and the day to day tactical work of a true human resource practitioner/generalist. The Sr. HR Manager will partner with business leaders by providing leadership and consulting support on all matters related to people in linking business and tactical strategies to the human capital plans for their respective functions. This includes responsibility for building a High Performing Organization through Employee Engagement and Manager Effectiveness programs, talent management, succession, employee relations, organizational development, compensation, compliance, and employee retention and development.
· Actively participate executing overall talent strategy to align with the business strategy for the IDEX Health & Science sales and marketing functions globally.
· Actively plan and participate in critical business processes including organizational planning and development; employee recruitment and retention; performance management; compensation structures; employee relations and culture building; benefit programs; training and professional development.
· Influence process improvements in such a manner that ensures cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
· Participates in change initiatives and implements specific HR strategies to achieve organization goals and objectives.
· Leads IDEX HR Initiatives and Programs and creates implementation plans that are specific and relevant to SFO Business Units that maximize benefit and adoption
· Assist leaders in the evaluation of their department structure and team plans for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
· Along with HR peers, actively participate in and lead comprehensive performance management processes to include Organization and Talent Cycle (OTC), goal setting; performance appraisals; coaching and feedback; wage and salary structure; pay policies; and career development.
· Participate in and actively lead a comprehensive recruitment, onboarding and retention program for IH&S Sales and Marketing functions globally. Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions in the future.
· Bring forward thinking ideas and strategies to sales compensation approach.
· Ensures HR programs and plans are aligned to the business priorities and monitors effectiveness through the development of key performance indicators
· Lead the org and talent development strategy across the Scientific Fluidics & Optics organization through project and program management of identified talent development initiatives to elevate talent and prepare for future growth.
· A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
· A minimum of 8 years’ experience in professional-level Human Resources.
· An experienced HR professional with sound technical skills and appropriate industry experience.
· Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations and training.
· Prior experience in a Fortune 500 company, non-union manufacturing environment, employing individuals with an engineering/scientific/technical background is preferred.
· Prior success in developing new processes, leading project improvement teams, communicating changes effectively to others, building commitment and overcoming resistance.
· Preferred experience working globally
· Preferred experience working in a cross functional matrix with experience effectively partnering with leaders with strong influencing skills.
· An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflict between different parties. Strong consultative relationship building with leaders and employees.
· Ability to establish credibility and get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible.
· A decisive individual who possesses a results-oriented and outcome focused but can also balance the needs of the business with the needs of the individual.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints.
· Ability to make effective presentations on controversial or complex topics to employee groups and/or management at all levels of the company.
· Ability to influence new ideas and strong project management skills to hold team members accountable and keep projects on track
· Comfortable with managing ambiguity and helping lead others through change.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Resourceful and well organized. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities.
· A strategic thinker/problem solver who can effectively interface well with all levels of employees.
· Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS) a must.
· Ability to work collaboratively with virtual teams and processes.
· Proven experience in developing talent and building strong teams.
· Demonstrates the ability to persuade others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork; a supportive manner that facilitates his/her ability to achieve results.
The estimated compensation for this position is $120,000-$160,000, depending on experience. This position may be eligible for performance based bonus plan.
Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include: Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, PTO, and more. More information on our benefits and rewards can be found on our career page: https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled)
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Human Resources
Business Unit: SF&O (Shared Services)