IDEX EH&S Manager in Ocala, Florida
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
The EHS Manager will partner with leaders and employees to develop and implement environmental, health and safety plans, programs, and procedures. The EHS Manager will ensure compliance with our EHS standards to ensure employees, visitors, and customers are safe while working.
• Coordination of EHS activities
• Performing, training on and supporting audits of company and regulatory agency requirements.
• Maintaining compliance regulations and standards
• Coordinating required corrective action as a result of internal and/or external audits.
• Prepares and submits all required environmental permit applications/renewals and routine agency reports, (e.g., air emissions, water and wastewater, hazardous/toxic waste, spills and releases, hazardous material/substance inventories, etc.)
• Reviews plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with
• Ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, (e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local wastewater permits)
• Coordinates all plant waste disposal activity to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
• Will work with local leaders to help develop and promote a culture of safety
• Review and analyze data from audits, accident investigations, near misses, concessions, defect reports and customer complaints to identify adverse trends and implement preventive action.
• Coordinates and conducts EHS related employee training
• Support ISO 14001 procedures and continuous improvement efforts
Required Education and Experience
• BS degree in safety or health sciences, or related discipline, experience in HSE related field will be considered in lieu of degree
• Knowledge of state and federal environmental, health, & safety laws and regulations (e.g. DEQ, OSAH, NFPA, ANSI, etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Effective communication skills (oral and written) for communicating with tact and diplomacy to multiple levels of the business
• Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
Preferred Education and Experience
• 5-7 years’ experience working in the Environmental, Health and Safety field
• 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Certified Safety Professional
• Safety Certification/s (CSP, ASP, SMS, OHST, CHST, STS, STSC, CET) a plus
Office and shop floor environment. Occasionally handle heavy parts and equipment of 25 pounds or more. Will stand for long periods of time, and bend, lift, and twist. Noise level may vary from moderate office level to noisy/loud in plant area. Proper use of safety equipment such as steel-toed shoes, goggles, safety glasses, gloves, apron and face shield must be observed.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Human Resources
Business Unit: Hale